Saturday, May 10, 2014

Flying Fate



I pictured us on gravity
With everything in the room floating around us
The sofa, the refrigerator,
Our love. 

And all though we were far from home, far from grounded reality
I couldn't help but feel like this is how it's supposed to be
This is what it feels like

Boundless

And from that night on I knew I could never make sense of us.
Make sense of what it was we had.

There was no measuring the fireworks we made and electricity we felt.
We set constellations in the sky and admired upon them
as if they weren't are own doing
We traced trails of ecstasy in slight hunger
as if we weren't the ones serving the meal

How do you grasp a love like that?
How do you hold on to it?

I don't know if you can.
and why would you want to put a universe of love in a pretty jar anyway?

this love was meant to fly..





No comments:

Post a Comment